Saturday, August 3, 2013

Finding My Focus


I can honestly say this has been one of the most laid- back, restful summers I have had in a long time. I took a break from the classroom, my blog, and the day-to-day wind and grind of real life. I was able to find my focus (both mentally and spiritually), hang out with true friends, and most importantly spend some much needed time with just Beau and Ryan. We had several adventures; whether it was leaving the state or dodging mosquitoes in our own backyard. I think they would tell you we enjoyed every second of it. Now with only one week left of vacation, I'm already beginning to prioritize for the upcoming fall. In short, this summer has been a job well done.


I plan to restructure this blog. The first few dozen posts have been about learning to blog, finding my creative niche, and experimenting. Now I'd like to focus on just three things - finding unique vintage treasures, creating mixed media art pieces and repurposing furniture and other findings. I am not saying the jewelry is through (I've got a TON of material from last spring's ventures), but I just want to spend my time creating pieces of art and functional furnishings that are inspirational and easy to do yourself.


I have also gone back to my first true passion, writing. This summer I began writing a novel with a fellow middle school teacher. I love going through the writing process and figuring out how to maneuver through the many steps of creating a story. I think this will be a long process, and I'm not ready to share details, but I am excited about the possibilities it may lead to.



No comments:

Post a Comment