Friday, February 6, 2015

Crock Pot Cash Saver: Sausage and Potato Soup

I've been budgeting a lot lately, and at the same time, trying to reprogram myself to eat at home. So I've been getting a little experimental lately, mostly to the chagrin of my husband and sons. But tonight's dinner was a pretty big hit.




I've always been a fan of the potato and sausage soups at the Italian restaurants, so I made my own, quick version, out of things I already had in the cabinet.

1 pound of breakfast sausage
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
2 cans of diced or sliced potatoes
1 can of veggie mix (carrot, peas, celery, potatoes)
1 purple onion
teaspoon of real minced garlic
1 chicken broth cube
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of milk
4 cups of water

First I sauteed the sausage and purple onion together. While it was cooking, I added the rest of the ingredients into the Crockpot. Then I added the sausage. Finally I turned the soup on high for two hours.










No comments:

Post a Comment