Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simple T-Shirt Scarf


Here is an easy and inexpensive way to dress up a plain shirt and jeans. I started making these last year, and now I wear them with everything.


I usually start with a T-Shirt at least in an extra-large size. I've tried it with smaller shirts, but it just doesn't work as well.

 
Then I cut it across the chest, right under the sleeves. Above is the finished material folded in half.
 

Next, I cut the seam from the bottom of the T-shirt. I cut as evenly as possible, but I'm certainly not perfect.
 
 
Next is the fun part. On both sides of the scarf begin cutting "fringe." I usually cut about two to three inches. After you have made all your cuts, pull the strands tightly and tie a small knot at the very end.
 
 
 
 
Here's another example:
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment