Saturday, January 26, 2013

Repurposing Flea Market Find

Today was one of those rare Saturdays when everything seemed to fall into place. I got up early, went to the GW (Good Will) and got a ton of cool, old costume jewelry, and met one of my besties for coffee. Then I got a chance to browse through the fabric store (it's usually a mad dash with two kids).
 
When I got home I decided to re-cover and paint an old seat I found at a flea market last year. I was tired of the striped pattern I had originally covered it with and the dark wood went with nothing in my house. So until today it has been taking up space in the shed.
 


 
 
 
The biggest problem today was that the weather was not optimal for spray painting, but I did it anyway. I wanted some of the cracks of the old wood to come through - which it did. I think the finished product still keeps its antique feel, but with a modern twist.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment