Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baubles, Buttons, and Beads

I decided Nanny's buttons were too spectacular to just sit in a box, so I put them on display...so to speak. So far I've used the smaller buttons, beads from broken necklaces, and new wooden beads I found at the craft store to create one-of-a-kind necklaces and bracelets. For each necklace I use a modern pendant. It's that mix of old and new that I just adore!



I love to think that I'm wearing something that belonged to my great-grandma and it's fun to tell people that I made them from old buttons and scraps of broken jewelry.







So this weekend I am planning a full-fledged antique and thrift store shop-a-thon. I am on the lookout for antique baubles such as jewelry and buttons. I want to continue the jewelry-making, but don't want to give away my family buttons. So if any reader has suggestions on a good place to find real, vintage buttons (locally or on the web), let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment