Sunday, February 10, 2013

Repurposed Bookcase

I had a productive weekend thanks to my husband and a retired art teacher. 



I decided to show my paintings to a friend of mine who recently retired from elementary art. She wasn't negative but gave me lots of tips and tricks for starting to learn how to paint and draw. She also gave me four assignments - a still life, a portrait, a landscape, and a figure - to complete before we meet again. I know I'm not going to be a professional, but I feel like a kid again learning something new.

In other business, my husband watched the boys while I finished a project that had been on a my mind. I had   a boring, "catch all" bookcase in my living room and while watching HGTV, got the idea to upholster it.


Here's the Before:


I found a great fabric at Hancock's yesterday. I just used a staple gun to secure it to the backboard of the bookcase.



I also finished a new necklace to match a navy and fuisha dress I bought Saturday.






No comments:

Post a Comment