Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Big Red Flower

Since I haven't been able to do a lot of furniture re-purposing lately because of the weather (and I'm getting a little bored with beads), I decided to try something new this week.

I've always wanted that free-spirited artist life, but the creative writing career I planned took a hiatus right after college. I still enjoy writing, but I think now I need something a little more visual and faster to finish...that's why I enjoy repainting and creating new life for old furniture.

Well Saturday I bought pastels and canvas...which led to watercolor and acrylic paint sets. I don't think I'm past the novice stage at all, but it's been fun trying to get there.

Here is my "Big Red Flower." I stopped before I finished because painting, parenting, and exhaustion do not mix (and my one-year-old has the red hands to prove it). I guess I'm going through some sort of Georgia O'Keefe flower stage because that's all I seem to want to paint.

  

2 comments:

  1. I love the rose, looks like you have a real talent for painting, next time put more pictures of the painting from different angles, I wanted to enjoy more of it...loll I am a new follower of yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Phyllis! And I'm and so happy you joined my blog!! I look forward to sharing ideas with you.

      Delete