Monday, February 4, 2013

Wonderland and The West

At the moment I have two very different styles going with my jewelry...Western and Fairy Tale. Maybe it's watching so many Disney movies with my kids or my own love of a good happy ending but I have found myself with six different fairy tale-themed pendants to go with my repurposed beads. Here is one I made for my aunt, a librarian. Inside the pendant is the shadow of the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I am also enjoying making Western and Native American-inspired jewelry. Ever since I found that awesome turquoise pendant and cuff at the GW, I have been hooked and Googling different styles. Below is one I finished for myself tonight. It is the pendant from GW, with some animal print beads I found at Hobby Lobby. I call it Western with flare.



No comments:

Post a Comment