Saturday, January 19, 2013

Crafty Cool Saturday

I had a great time today working on projects for the house. I decided to do my bedroom in what I call "tree frog green," but for some reason, everything I painted ended up in my living room. So I guess it will be "tree frog" in both rooms.
 
 
 
 
 
And just because I had some spray paint left...
 
 
 
I also worked on some organizing this weekend. I have finally come to the point where my "crafting and repurposing" hobby is out of control. It is taking up half the living room. So, my aunt came up with the idea of turning the little white storehouse next door into a "studio." So that'll be my spring break project. Until then, I've appeased my husband with some creative ways to hide my goodies...
 
 
Like an old sewing machine drawer to hold my great-grandma's buttons...
 
 
 
And a cute little mini-casserole dish to hold my collection of wine corks (this dish was one of my cool finds at Good Will today). I also used an antique dresser and sewing box to hide most of my materials, beads, tools, and other crafty stuff. We'll see how long the organized me lasts.
 
 
I also found an old copy of The Great Gatsby today to go with my favorite tin. This is not its forever spot...but it'll work for now.

1 comment: