Saturday, December 27, 2014

As I was saying...

The hilarious thing about blogs is that you can leave one for a while, and then come back to it as if no time has passed. I started this blog a long time ago, but as my teaching career shifted into high gear, and I began a graduate program, my posts became fewer and far between. I even put my first book on hold after months of research and writing.

Well, thankfully, I am now a graduate. That means that finally, I get to do the things I want to do with my spare time. Since the beginning of Christmas break, I have gone into "Pinterest Overdrive." Maybe its because for four semesters (counting summer) I have been unable to do anything but look at a pin wistfully and wish I had time to try it.

So here are a couple of projects I started today:


I kept seeing "Gypsy Jars" on Pinterest. So here's my version:

What You'll Need:

Mason Jars

Acrylic Paint and Brushes

Metallic Puff Paint or Glitter Glue

Various Ornaments (These came from Dollar General)

Sealer (Such as Modge Podge)

First paint the inside of the mason jar (only one coat is needed). While that is drying, take your glitter glue and add it to the rim of the jar. Next take ornaments, such as sticky rhinestones, and put them on the outside. Finally, you may want to give the inside of the jar a coat of sealer (such as Modge Podge).


1 comment: