Friday, January 1, 2016

Crystal Jewelry

As usual, I'm starting the year off with a blog. Historically speaking though, this may taper off around March. But maybe this year I'll get lucky and have the fortitude to keep it going. The funny thing is, I'm glad I've picked it back up every so often because it's been fun to read. I've really enjoyed going back and looking through my old posts from years back. Also, it really surprises me how creative I was only two or three years ago...and how not creative I am at the moment.

So, I guess the only resolution I'm going to make this year is to find that creative side again. Today I worked on crystal jewelry from crystals I dug myself at the crystal mines in Mt. Ida and Jessiville.








Two years ago my family and I discovered how much fun crystal mining is in Arkansas. Until that time, I had only been once on a seventh grade science field trip many years ago. So on a whim, my family and I loaded up and left one Saturday morning to check them out. That became the first of many trips last year to two different mines, one in Jessiville, and one in Mt. Ida.  I am always happy to put my hands in the dirt, and enjoy selling and giving away the crystals that I find. 






No comments:

Post a Comment